Gluten-Free Vegetable LasagnaRecipes | Christine Dionese L.Ac | March 3, 2010 at 11:23 am
Want to taste the carbo-loaded delights of traditional Italian food without pasta’s simple carbs? Try complex carbohydrate rich vegetable lasagna. Layer by layer, this dish is full of vitamin C, beta-carotene, manganese, potassium and fiber. Buon Appetito!
What you need:
- 3 eggs
- 32 ounces ricotta or goat feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 3 medium summer squash
- 1 eggplant
- 2 32-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 bag of collard greens, kale, or spinach
- 2 cans artichoke hearts
- 1 jar kalamata olives
To get started:
Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat eggs and stir in cheese. Add salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and garlic. Slice squash and eggplant into ¼ inch strips.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of 13×9 baking dish.
- Layer strips of squash, cheese, and 1½ cups of sauce.
- Layer greens, artichokes, olives, 1 cup cheese, and 1½ cups sauce.
- Layer eggplant, 1½ cups sauce, and remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook for 55 minutes. Uncover and top with basil. Cook additional 5 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.