Chocolate Almond Butter BarkRecipes | Christine Dionese L.Ac | March 8, 2010 at 8:00 am
Ever combed the kitchen cabinets on a mission to indulge a sweet craving? Inspired by what I found in my pantry, this chocolate almond butter bark magically came together to make the perfect healthy treat! Loaded with omegas 3, 6, and 9 along with antioxidants and magnesium, this concoction will satisfy your sweet tooth.
What you need:
- 16 ounces raw crushed almonds
- 4 cups coconut flakes
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup raw pepitas
- 4 cups hemp granola (Nature’s Path)
- 1 16-ounce jar room temperature almond butter
- 17.5 ounces dark chocolate (Green and Black’s is my fave)
- Sesame oil
- 2 deep casserole dishes
Putting it Together:
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and berries.
- Melt chocolate and almond butter in a double boiler continually stirring. Pour over dry ingredients and berries mixing quickly. If the texture appears too thick, stir in a teaspoon of sesame oil until a creamy consistency is reached.
- Once thoroughly combined, equally divide mixture into the casserole dishes.
- Cover with waxed paper or parchment paper and chill for about an hour in the refrigerator.
- Once it’s chilled break off a piece and chomp down!